This written testimony, prepared by Professor William Kirby, Chairman of the Harvard China Fund, for the U.S. Congress appointed U.S.-China Economic and Security Review Commission discusses the opportunities and risks posed by Chinese investments in the United States. It provides an overview on the challenges faced by private Chinese entrepreneurs dealing with their own government and highlights through the case of the Wanxiang Group how the U.S. had benefited, and may continue to benefit, from investments by private Chinese businesses.
News & Events
- President Bacow Expresses “Deep Concern” on Immigration Policies
- 2019 Harvard China Student Internship Program Starts Successfully on June 8
- Harvard Summer School Program in Hong Kong Makes Its Debut
- Perspectives on Chinese Investment in the United States
- Harvard China Fund Dinner with the Harvard College China Forum