Faculty of Arts and Sciences
403040 Coordinator II
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Harvard China Fund (HCF) Assistant Director, the Program Coordinator will be responsible for implementing programmatic activities of HCF for students and faculty, including:
- Publicity and recruiting students to apply for internship and Harvard Summer School programs
- Manage application and selection procedures
- Process forms, organize pre-departure orientation and facilitate travel logistics
- Respond to a high volume of inquiries in a timely fashion
- Maintain website, social media accounts and create new campaigns when needed
- Draft programmatic documents and design efficient procedures
- Collaborate closely with colleagues in Shanghai, different Harvard departments, vendors and external institutions
- Maintain student program budgets and track expenses
- General office management
- Provide direct support to the Chairman of HCF in coordinating events, calendars and travel
In addition, the Program Coordinator will assist with planning large-scale events, such as international conferences, and organizing visits for high-profile Chinese or international delegations, as well as engage in strategic planning for HCF programs and the department:
- Develop departmental products, such as personalized donor gifts
- Analyze program procedures, feedback and comments from partners, then recommend and implement changes for enhanced experiences, better recruitment and safety procedures for program participants
- Develop and execute new events and small-scale programs that engage the HCF community, such as a program alumni engagement strategy
- Participate in planning meetings and assist with drafting and developing materials
- Represent HCF at university-wide planning meetings and participate in inter-departmental projects and collaborations, such as recruiting fairs
Additional projects or duties as assigned can include content research for conferences, general proofreading and back-up support for events at the Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies as part of the larger administrative team (HCF works in close coordination with the Fairbank Center staff on programs and mutual support). The Program Coordinator may also supervise Harvard College or graduate student interns.
Must possess at least 5 years of administrative experience or the equivalent. Education beyond high school may count toward experience.
Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel.
Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred. Mandarin Chinese language skills (oral and written), Chinese Studies background and familiarity with academic culture are preferred. Must be able to prioritize work and meet deadlines, work independently, have strong writing skills and a high level of attention to detail. Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, logistical and time-management skills, and be able to communicate with people at a variety of levels, including Deans, Faculty, senior administration, students, colleagues and international contacts.
All formal offers will be made by FAS Human Resources.
USA – MA – Cambridge
Fairbank Center for Chinese Studies
55 – Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers
35 hours per week
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, or any other characteristic protected by law.